- 8 slices Whole Wheat Bread
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing, nonfat
- 8 slices Swiss cheese, reduced fat
- 1 cup Sauerkraut, low sodium
- 1/2 pound sliced Turkey Breast
This is one of my favorite sandwiches. The classic version is on rye and uses corned beef, but I have taken a few liberties.
Spread each slice of bread with half of the Thousand Island dressing. Place a slice of cheese over each slice and then fill with the turkey and sauerkraut. Close the sandwiches and spray lightly with non-stick spray. Cook in a non-stick skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes a side or until golden brown. Slice in half and serve.
per serving: 409.75 calories; 34.3 gram protein; 7.8 grams total fat; 2 gram fiber; 6.9
gram saturated fat; 54.95 grams carbohydrates; 24 mgs cholesterol; 1425.25 mgs
Turkey Rueben Sandwich,